Monday, February 6, 2017

COLOSSIANS 1:11

COLOSSIANS 1:11
STRENGHTHENED WITH ALL MIGHT, ACCORDING TO HIS GLORIOUS POWER, FOR ALL PATIENCE AND LONGSUFFERING WITH JOY.


Recently God has been showing me that I am absolutely nothing without Him. It has been such a sobering yet reassuring blessing, believe me. I learned the hard way that I cannot do anything within my own power. But through the Lord alone, I find strength and courage to take on each day. Before I knew this I don’t think I’d ever had an abundant source of joy in my life. Not even when I got the part in the play, not even when the boy finally liked me back, not even on my best day where everything was going my way. Being someone who struggles with extremely pessimistic tendencies, this made me feel hopeless like nothing would ever fill me the way I needed it to. I never found peace in my way because my way wasn’t Gods way for me. This is an everyday battle for me, but with the Lord on my side I know I’ll always come out the other side stronger than the last time. Now here I am today finding true, unexplainable joy in washing peoples dishes, making my bed, and cleaning the toilet. The joy He’s given me is overflowing to the point where I can’t help but want to pour out onto others. I’m not doing it my way anymore; I’m doing it Gods way. “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trails, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.” (James 1:2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment