Monday, February 6, 2017

1 TIMOTHY 6:6-8

1 TIMOTHY 6:6-8
NOW GODLINESS WITH CONTENTMENT IS GREAT GAIN. FOR WE BROUGHT NOTHING INTO THIS WORLD, AND IT IS CERTAIN WE CAN CARRY NOTHING OUT. AND HAVING FOOD AND CLOTHING, WITH THESE WE SHALL BE CONTENT.


“Now godliness with contentment is great gain.” Discontentment has lead me to actively move away from the Lord because I didn’t think He was speaking to me so I naturally stopped seeking Him. I want my walk to be developing quickly and effortlessly, but that thought alone makes me realize that I have to take two huge steps back and realize that way of thinking is only going to lead me straight back to the shallow, convenient relationship I had always known with the Lord. That’s the opposite of what He wants for me, He wants to shatter the limits I’ve set for myself, push me beyond where I ever thought I could go, and take me deeper to where I have no choice but to trust in Him and find all my contentment in Him. So that I can take one step at a time, one foot in front of the other, finding appreciation in the process, going at the pace the Lord has for me. Being still and waiting on Him rather than trying to force myself into a finished product I’ll never become. “For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” Knowing how little I matter to the world puts contentment into perspective. I am nothing; I deserve nothing. That’s a hard pill for me to swallow, but its critical for me to take it down in order to cure my crippling desire for significance. “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there, the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1:21) My value is found in Him. I need to get back to that. While I feel so out of touch with myself, The Lord still knows my heart. He knows the great amount of patience, faith, trust, and mercy I need. But until I’m content with where He has me right now, I’ll always be blind to what He’s trying to teach me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment